Sunday, August 30, 2020

Do We Know You Now? Sunday Strays - TRAYLING, KAUFMANN in Vancouver, BC, 1912

 Way back in 2009, I posted an article about one of my stray postcard photographs. 

This was one taken by the Electric Studio in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It showed two not too tough-looking young men all dressed up as cowboys. 

The postcard was addressed to Miss Lena Samks (?), St Bonifacius [Minnesota, USA?]

The names written on the back (later, I think) were, I thought then: "Bert Tragling, C. Kaufmann" with the date: May/6/12.

But I've found an Ancestry tree which leads me to think one of these men is Albert Hume Joseph Trayling, born in Ontario. I can see he did move to Vancouver, working as a jeweller. I hope someone can identify him for sure. 


The other man, I suspect, is Charles Kaufmann. He may have been working then at the New West Manufacturing Co. in Vancouver (stove manufacturing), as were several Kaufmann family members in the 1910s. And his family did have Minnesota connections, although he'd lived here with his family since about 1905. 

You can see my original 2009 article here on this CanadaGenealogy blog ("Who Are You? I Really Want To Know! 9th Edition, Smile For The Camera - KAUFMANN, TRAGLING, SAMKS") but here is that photo again. Well worth another look! 




No comments: