Wednesday, June 03, 2020

It's a Wrap! Day 21 of the 21 Day Family Connections Experiment


Today was Day 21, the final day of my 21 Day Family Connections Experiment.


21 Day Family Connections Experiment badge


Today going through old family files again, I found more unexpected, interesting family things...below. So more work to be done. 

And over the next week, I'll be compiling a linked list of the objects and stories I mentioned here during the Experiment along with any I've written about previously. 

This Experiment will carry forward, but on a different schedule. I'm intending to post on Treasure Chest Thursdays till I run out of family 'stuff'. 

MY RECENT FINDS

A cute photograph of my favourite grandson...long, long ago.

A cute photograph of a cousin - "Louise 3 yrs". Quite a while ago.


And a very strange Self Portrait (Yes, by me, of me). This is a folder (about 7 1/2 x 14 cm folded) but there's nothing inside. Perhaps I used it as a card for a gift? 

Had I been to a modern art show? Or just got a new ruler? I have no memories of this at all. I'll have to store this image in the back of my mind for a bit. I may yet remember. If it's at all lifelike (!), I must be 10-11 or so, as until then I had never had my hair cut.

The Self Portrait was in a file of my father's; I l knew he kept things. After he died, I found old school photos in his wallet and little childhood cards and letters from me in his bedside table, including the 'will' I made when I was eight or so (leaving everything to my brother).  And a special letter I had given Dad in 1970. 



Keep an eye out. The next 21 Day Connections Experiment will be in October for Family History Month!  There are many ways to participate. 

No comments: