Monday, May 11, 2020

Sunday Strays - CWAC member in uniform

This post is late because I wanted to show my mother as a beautiful baby yesterday - for Mother's Day. 

Here is another stray from my collections. This time it's a member of the Canadian Women's Army Corps., World War II. (And yes, my mother was a CWAC and proud of it!)


I wonder if someone can identify this woman?  She does look very smart in her uniform.


I did check the Library and Archives Canada catalogue and I don't see her in any of the photographs scanned and online. And according to the catalogue, LAC holds no postcards relating to the Canadian Women's Army Corps.




On the back it reads: Pictured on the front of this post card is one of the thousands of patriotic Canadian girls in the Canadian Women's Army Corps. Recruits are urgently needed. 

It's possible that the "Oleg" on the back is a clue. Then there is an "es" and prices for the card.  CanadianSoldiers.com shows this same card, identifying it as from 1945.

No comments: