Friday, January 24, 2020

A Restaurant Photo from Saskatchewan in 1912. A Stray Photograph


Is this a restaurant in Saskatchewan, 1912? A stray photograph from my collection.

There's no other information with this photograph. It could be a larger factory lunchroom, I suppose, but the mirrored? sideboard makes me think it's a restaurant. Must be the end of the day or ? 

There's some kind of notice on a door, a picture on the wall, and a calendar.

 Above it, I'm pretty sure is a tin match striker/holder - and a plate. I can almost read the words on that plate. How frustrating! 

And isn't that the photographer's extra lens sitting on the front table? Maybe this photo was a test! 


Sask-1912 Canada. That's all it says on the photo.

1 comment:

Kim Brengle said...

I love seeing this! I've recently figured out that my Scottish great grandfather's older brother, David Oliver (1868-?) emigrated with his family to Saskatchewan about 1913. I'm starting to work on piecing their stories together.