Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas - from the Rogers-Scott trunk

Here's a Merry Christmas card for everyone - originally sent to my family in the 1950s by my "Uncle Sam" and "Aunt Mamie".  Ever since, a family treasure.

Samuel Baxter Scott was my mother's paternal uncle; Mamie was Mamie Harper, his wife. There is a long message inside but not as long as some of their letters. 

They must have picked this card out thinking of my baby brother and me. I hope you can see that it folds out in the second photo. Right now it's on the mantel to celebrate the season.

"May Santa be especially good to you all."

685 Litho'd in Canada is all it says on the back.


I hope you can see here that both the little girl and boy fold out. Even the little mat in front of the fireplace curls up a bit. Our cat, Twink, would have loved to have her own warm spot right there.



No comments: