Thursday, July 18, 2019

24in48Readathon - This weekend - July 20-21st 2019

MY JULY 2019 24IN48 TITLES

The Salvation Army Farm Colonies by Clark C. Spence;  

A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That by Doris T. Margolis; 
A Flaw in the Blood by Stephanie Barron; 
Making Things Happen by Scott Belsky. 


I've signed up for the Summer 24in48 Readathon again - coming up this weekend. 


This is a low stress, fun Readathon with some bookish on-line activities and prizes. The idea is to read for any 24 hours during the time period. So even though I've work to do and a picnic to attend, I'm sure I can make the 24 hours.

And I'm going to post my progress here and on Twitter as @mdiane_rogers

Follow 24in48 on Twitter - @24in48 Readathon

Or follow on  Instagram, Facebook, and Litsy

Hashtags - #24in48 #readathon

I've already chosen a few books from my TBR bookcase; I do like to mix them up - some history, mystery and more, and while I'm on the road, I have a Kindle book or two waiting. The one I'm looking forward to reading there is The Confectioner's Guild by Claire Luana with magic and murder. And I've one brand new book to read, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson. This sounds really appropriate for me and for a readathon, involving books, genetics and packhorse librarians.


From the official 24in48 website - 

"How does it work?

If you’re new to 24in48, this is the basic gist: beginning at 12:01am (official timezone is EDT) on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, participants read for 24 hours out of that 48-hour period."


You can still sign up. Come and join in  - check out the website here: https://24in48.com/



2 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

You may know that I grew up in The Salvation Army; my parents were officers (pastors). I took Salvation Army history as part of becoming both a junior soldier (child member) and a senior soldier (adult member), and never learned about The Salvation Army Farm Colonies! I Googled it, and now I need to read about it!

Thanks for posting this, Diane! I think I want to try the 24in48 Readathon next year!

M. Diane Rogers said...

If I can find another copy, it's yours, Miriam. My grandfather was apparently in the Salvation Army when young. My parents weren't but I was in the Salvation Army Brownies and Guides here in Vancouver and have always been interested in the history.