Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games


In keeping with the spirit of the season, I'm participating in the Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games which began Friday, 12 February 2010 and go right through Saturday, 27 February 2010.

The Summer 2008 GeneaBloggers Games were a great success in attracting both new and experienced genealogists to blogging and gave established bloggers a chance to meet others and to promote their research and writing. Here is a link to my own 2008 Summer Sports posts.

These Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games will be the same - and they will be a neat spectator sport! There is no pressure on participants or viewers to participate in all the games, but I hope many will and look forward to seeing the results and cheering all the medal winners.

Opening Ceremonies, including a parade of heritage flags, is already up at Geneabloggers and the Closing ceremonies will be there too. And, once again this year footnoteMaven has designed the badges and medals. Thank you footnoteMaven! And thanks to Thomas MacEntee for all his organizing work behind the scenes.


My own 'Current Genealogy Research' heritage banner which you see displayed here includes the flag of Scotland, for my maternal DNA line back to Islay, Scotland (and beyond), the flag of Sweden for my research on my husband's family, and the flag of my own country, Canada, where I'm always researching someone.

I've qualified to participate in these three Competition Categories this year:

#3. Organize Your Research
#4. Expand Your Knowledge
#6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness


For my first run down the slope this week, I'll be re-organizing my scanned photographs into a new computer and tagging a certain percentage of these as well. I have been practicing for some time for this event, and I got a good workout at the January Scanfest too, so I hope to make good time in this run. No more bunny hills for me! (The Apres-ski part is always fun though.)


For the Winter Game details, please see the Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Game page at GeneaBloggers.

No comments: