Wednesday, September 07, 2022

The 16th Annual Canadian Reading Challenge !

 Are you a reader?  Do you read Canadian books and authors? Did you know there's an

Annual Canadian Reading Challenge !


Neither did I till now. But you can sign up anytime, so I just did. 

Go to Canadian Bookworm's website to learn all about the Challenge & sign up!

The main idea is to  "read and review 13 or more Canadian books in a one year span: Canada Day to Canada Day eve".

Usually I do short reviews on Amazon so that's likely where my reviews will be. As it happens I just reviewed a Canadian mystery by a British Columbia author set in Vancouver, British Columbia, The Hanging at the Hollow Tree by Sarah M Stephen, the second book in her 'Journal Through Time Mysteries'. Here is her website if you'd like to know more about her.

I certainly did like the book which ticked a # of my boxes - old Vancouver, an archivist, a deadly mystery - so yesterday I bought her first one which I'll review later. I have quite a few Canadian books sitting in my To-Be-Read piles (physical and digital).

Nowadays, I am keeping track of my book reading at The StoryGraph. I'm very happy there! 

I saw on the Sidekick newsletter that there is a new app - Bookworm.  Looks very cute. What do you like to keep track of your reading? paper & pen, a phone app, typewriter, Goodreads, LibraryThing, The StoryGraph, Bookworm... 
 



"Young lady in [hollow] tree", Stanley Park, 1897, Vancouver, BC, Canada. City of Vancouver Archives: AM1576-S6-12-F47-: 2011-010.1794 - colour transparency of original photograph. Slide 46. Public Domain.

No comments: