Friday, January 01, 2021

It's 2021! My New Year's Genealogy Resolutions

 


Wishing all a Happy New Year. At last the storm cloud that was 2020 is gone. We don't necessarily know what 2021 will bring, but at least in some ways we'll be better prepared. And ready to meet, work, play and laugh whenever and however we can!

I've made some resolutions. Three for sure have to do with genealogy! 

#1 - A Do-Over - I'm going to look at all my photographs again, redo their scans and descriptions, etc. as needed. First thing this morning, Thomas MacEntee kicked off  2021's Genealogy Do-Over with a free webinar (recorded); got me all enthused, even though I had planned to sleep in today! As I go, I'm sure I'll learn more from my photographs, share them - and enjoy them myself all over again too.  Join the Genealogy Do-Over on Facebook or check his Genealogy Bargains website for the free handouts. 

#2 - I'm going to continue to catalogue my cookbooks. And reshelve them as soon as I can. Yes, this is a genealogy task. Most of them are British Columbia, Canadian community cookbooks and over the years, I've been indexing the names and recipes submitted by contributors. 

#3 January 2021 - I'm participating in the 2021 Family Connections Experiment again, starting today! There's still time if you'd like to join in this round. Lots of ideas there - try the Idea Generator! - and see the plans you can follow if you like. It's very flexible, if you have your own ideas as I often do. https://connections-experiment.com/


2021 Build Your Own Plan - Family Connections Experiment logo



No comments: