Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day, Dad.


Today is Father's Day.

This week I'm scanning one of the family albums. This one is mostly early photos of my brother and me. Many were already scanned, like the Christmas ones, but not scanned the way I do photos nowadays, so I'm doing them all.

When I saw these of me with my Dad I thought my kids might like to see them. They are very small photographs (cut 2- 3/4" x 1- 7/8"), likely Mum took them but not with her Baby Brownie Special. In one, I seem to be investigating a leather looking bag. Pretty sure I remember that used as a camera bag. So maybe Dad had his own camera which I was too young to remember. 





There are 5 of these similar photos. Two have one # on the back, two another, and one another yet, although it looks like the same day, so they weren't processed at the same time. I do have some negatives and I'll investigate those further.

The set of three, I recognize as taken in the back yard of our house at 24th and Collingwood in Vancouver, in 1951, I believe, as one is a very blurry photo of my brother and me. I don't know where Dad and I are in the other two photos - perhaps we were just out for a Sunday walk near home.




Dad was George William Rogers, born 1917 in South Vancouver, BC, Canada, died 1993 in Burnaby, BC.

No comments: