Monday, September 09, 2019

Ethel Yates - Nanaimo, BC? STRAYS AND SURNAMES


Identified as Ethel Yates, likely lived in the Nanaimo, BC area.

Could she be Ethel Annabell Yates? Daughter of Albert Francis Yates and Sarah Kinnear Nelson?


This photograph is in a folder. The photographer is identified as Joyner of Nanaimo. According to David Mattison’s Camera Workers: The British Columbia Photographic Directory, Volume II  1901-1950, James Arthur Joyner had a photographic business in Nanaimo from 1900-1922 and later in Vancouver.  Henry Arthur Joyner was in business in Nanaimo from 1914 and then in Vancouver from 1924-1933. See the listings for James Arthur JOYNER and Henry Arthur JOYNER:  http://cameraworkers.davidmattison.com/cw1858-1950/

I posted this photo on DeadFred previously but have not yet received any responses. Please contact me if you think you can identify her.

For a little more about my stray photograph collection and a list of some of those I've put on-line, See my article,
"My Stray Photographs Re-examined": https://canadagenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-stray-photographs-re-examined.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article with Canada