Monday, May 09, 2016

Books, books, books - my souvenirs

I still have information and photos to process from my research trip to England. This will take a while.

In the meantime, at least I do have lots to read because I brought so many books back with me. :-) Many I bought at Who Do You Think You Are Live! 2016 in Birmingham. Bargains!

My current favourites here are Rebecca Probert's books on marriage written for family historians - Marriage Law for Genealogists: The Definitive Guide ...what everyone tracing their family history needs to know about where, when, who and how their English and Welsh ancestors married and 
Divorced, Bigamist, Bereaved?: The family historian's guide to marital breakdown, separation, widowhood, and remarriage: from 1600 to the 1970s.

My next read will be Criminal Ancestors: A Guide to Historical Criminal Records in England and Wales by David Hawkings.




I'll be adding most of these books to my LibraryThing catalogues. Look for me there as eicuthbertson.


UPDATED - March 2019 - 2 typos (!) Still have both these books. Great resources!

No comments: