Saturday, November 08, 2014

Fraser Valley Family History Fair - more links and handouts.

Great day today at the first ever Fraser Valley Family History Fair in Chilliwack, BC!

A warm thank you to the organizers and to all the volunteers that made this event happen. It's always grand to meet and talk to people enthusiastic about family history.

As promised, I am posting some links and information I referred to today. If you would like an electronic version of either of my handouts, or my Internet Research Log form, please e-mail me at: canadagenealogy@shaw.ca  And please let me know if I've missed posting a link I promised :-)

Facebook and Genealogy 

Katherine R. Willson's "Genealogy on Facebook" list, updated October 18, 2014:  http://socialmediagenealogy.com/genealogy-on-facebook-list

FamilySearch Genealogy Research Community pages on Facebook - examples,

Canada Genealogy Research Community
Canada First Nations Genealogy Research Community

Europe Genealogy Research Community

U. S. Northeast Genealogy Research Community
U. S. South Genealogy Research Community
U. S. Midwest Genealogy Research Community
U. S. West Genealogy Research Community

Asia, Africa & Pacific Genealogy Research Community

Some of these pages are in transition right now to regional ones. Please search on Facebook with the name of the county you are searching and "Genealogy Research Community".


See Genealogy Help on Facebook, FamilySearch wiki: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Genealogy_Help_on_Facebook

No comments: