Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Family Treasures - Lions Gate Bridge Pin Cushion


Pin cushion? showing Lions Gate Bridge - named for the Lions mountain peaks on the North Shore (also known as the First Narrows Bridge), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This bridge, linking Vancouver and the North Shore through Stanley Park, opened in 1938 with 2 lanes for traffic and a 25 cent a car toll charge.
In 2005, it was designated as a national historic site of Canada.
Modern photographs and a bit of Lions Gate Bridge history at Beyond Robson.
Cushion of printed fabric, no identification. Family collection.


cg3tiw8vr6

1 comment:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

You brought me back in time with this post!
When I was growing up (1950s/60s)most souvenir shops had pincushions and now they've disappeared (at least where I live in Quebec).
I remember I even had a native-themed one with handbeading, from the local Mohawk community of Kahnawake (now called Caughnawaga).
Evelyn in Montreal