Monday, May 09, 2016

Books, books, books - my souvenirs

I still have information and photos to process from my research trip to England. This will take a while.

In the meantime, at least I do have lots to read because I brought so many bools back with me. :-) Many I bought at Who Do You Think You Are Live! 2016 in Birmingham. Bargains!

My current favourites here are Rebecca Probert's books on marriage written for family historians - Marriage Law for Genealogists: The Definitive Guide ...what everyone tracing their family history needs to know about where, when, who and how their English and Welsh ancestors married and 
Divorced, Bigamist, Bereaved?: The family historian's guide to marital breakdown, separation, widowhood, and remarriage: from 1600 to the 1970s.

My next read will be Criminal Ancestors: A Guide to Historical Criminal Records in England and Wales by David Hawkings.




I'll be adding most of these books to my LibraryThing catalogs. Look for me there as eicuthbertson.

No comments: