Just for Friday Fun...
I was reading old newspapers from 1920 today - one of my favourite pastimes - and noticed that The Lethbridge Daily Herald had a daily column called "Do You Know?". Since this one had a question to do with books, I found it interesting.
Can you answer these without 'looking'?
1. How came Sir Walter Scott to call his home Abbotsford?
2. What is the meaning of the word "absquatulate" ?
3. Why are the Knights of the Bath so-called?
4. What is the tradition in regard to the trembling aspen leaf?
5. What are accidental colors?
6. What six works of fiction have had the largest sale up to the end of 1919?
Answers will appear here tomorrow.