Monday, October 20, 2008

35 Things...This Meme is Getting Bigger...

I was tagged by “All My Branches Genealogy” and “The Family Curator”, and then, because I just wasn’t paying enough attention, I tagged myself at “AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors”.

Randy Seaver started all this for the Genea-Bloggers at his blog, “Genea-Musings” and he's been trying to keep track of the tags: http://www.geneamusings.com/2008/10/keeping-up-with-taggers-post-3.html

I may be the last to participate and can't see anyone who hasn't been tagged, so I am following Miriam's lead - if you think you've been left out, please consider yourself tagged!


**Ten years ago I was:
  • working in a large retail company’s office and finishing a Post Baccalaureate Diploma at Simon Fraser University, B. C., Canada
  • researching women’s suffrage in British Columbia (still am!)
  • living in Burnaby in an apartment house where I had many good friends – ah, the good old days at Howard House
  • a mum and a grandma and a daughter – spending lots of time with one special little boy and with my mum
  • remembering my trip to Portland to give a paper at the Pacific Northwest Labor History Association's conference and reading the great books I carried all the way home to Canada from Powell’s!

**Five things on today’s to-do list:

  • file the papers left in my Treasure Chest & post my report for that challenge, while thinking hard about rabbits in cemeteries!
  • release the books I’m taking to tomorrow night’s BookCrossing Meetup
  • buy cat food and cat treats – Very, Very Important!
  • finish reading my novel – The Mad Monk of Gidleigh by Michael Jecks
  • e-mail the members of the BC Genealogical Society DNA group about our November meeting

**Five snacks I enjoy:

  • Que Pasa organic blue corn chips and salsa, with guacamole, sour cream and olives
  • Cheddar cheese and soda crackers
  • cashews/almonds
  • mint ice cream with a little bit of chocolate in it
  • almost anything with butterscotch, caramel or toffee

**Five places I have lived:

  • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
  • Burnaby, B.C., Canada
  • Chilliwack, B.C., Canada
  • Port Moody, B.C., Canada
  • That’s it!

**Five jobs I have had:

  • customer service clerk
  • freelance editor
  • museum curator
  • comptometer operator - that dates me, for sure, before calculators even!
  • trainer - no, not a fitness trainer!

**5 places I’ve been that I want to return to:

  • London, England
  • Islay, Scotland
  • Athens, Greece
  • Cairo, Egypt
  • Turkey

**5 places I've never been to that I want to explore:

  • Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
  • Niagara Falls
  • India
  • Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
  • New Orleans, U.S.A.

No comments: