Saturday, August 09, 2008

2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games - Write, Write, Write

I'm participating in the 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games beginning August 8th through August 25th (one day longer than the Olympic Games, due to Scanfest occurring on the 24th) in the "Write, Write, Write!" category.


What have I got myself into - here are some of the feats I'll be attempting...

A. Writing a post about my blog - why I started doing this, how it's gone so far, what I'd like to do in the future...

B. Participating in one of the many genealogy or family history related blog carnivals. Are you interested yourself? See the AnceStories post "August Is..." (see below) which lists these carnivals and their submission URLs and deadlines.

C. Preparing some posts in draft mode and pre-publishing them - this was a new year's resolution, I think!

D. Writing a brief biographical sketch on one of your ancestors, probably my 'Na'.

E. Signing up to host a future carnival myself. This one is a daunting event, for sure, lots of super hosts already.

Links:

2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=33129285258

Genealogy/family history blog carnivals, AnceStories post "August Is..." : http://ancestories1.blogspot.com/2008/08/august-is.html

No comments: