Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 23 - Christmas Sweetheart Memories

Well, this is a pretty personal topic!

I will say that Christmastime does not figure prominently in my romantic memories, so this post will be short and sweet. Really, I’m more likely to be thinking, or even humming, ‘Santa, Bring My Baby Back to Me’ or “Blue Christmas” or better yet, ‘I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair’. (Christmas does happen in the South Pacific, after all.)

But one song, ‘Winter Wonderland’, does always remind me of the first boy I really, really, really liked. Our school choir practiced and practiced this song one December in the gym. I can’t imagine him being in a choir – but he must have been hanging around, smiling (and combing his hair, no doubt). Sigh...

Happy Christmas, K, wherever you may be.

See Winter Wonderland’s lyrics here & don’t miss the Christmas Quiz: http://www.carols.org.uk/winter_wonderland.htm

See more Christmas Sweetheart memories:
http://destinationaustinfamily.blogspot.com/

No comments: