Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Photographs - Lost Memories - Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories

December 15 – Christmas Photographs – Lost Memories




Here is a Christmas card, found in my Rogers grandparent’s photograph album, that illustrates one of my pet peeves – people who write cute messages on cards, but leave few clues to the future family researcher.

Yes, I’m sure Grandmum knew who these people were– but were they family or, as my father used to say when pressed, ‘somebody she knew from church’? Look at those flags – was this taken on the Queen’s birthday? on Dominion Day? In Vancouver? And is that “Clive’s little son” ??


What do my cousins think?

Today it’s Author’s choice, so please click on the December 15 ornament to read the variety of posts from the Advent Calendar bloggers: http://destinationaustinfamily.blogspot.com/

No comments: