Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Night for All Souls - Vancouver BC - October 25 - November 2, 2014

Don't miss the 10th annual All Souls celebrations at Vancouver's Mountain View Cemetery.  The events begin Saturday, October 25, from 6-10 pm.

The Cemetery's Celebration Hall will be open 6 to 9 pm for tea, personal memorial making and evening programming throughout the entire memorial week until Sunday, November 2.

 For more information, see:
 http://vancouver.ca/your-government/tours-events-mountain-view-cemetery.aspx

This year I will be reflecting particularly on those of my family who served, and some who died in World War I.  A number of Canada's war dead from both World War I and II are buried at Mountain View, and many more are remembered on family headstones. 

Mountain View Cemetery - at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission

Canadian World War I dead, Jones section, Mountain View Cemetery, City of Vancouver, BC, Canada. Photograph, M. Diane Rogers, November 2013.

No comments: