Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter 2010 Geneabloggers Games!

From a Newdale, Manitoba snapshot album. Believed to be Mary Janet WOOD of Nottawa, Ontario, Canada. Damaged; poor condition. Private collection.



These were very challenging Games this year, as the 2010 Geneabloggers Games schedule involved 2 out of town visits and then visitors to my home. Since those Other Games are going on in my own home town, there's been a lot going on all around us even when I was home.

So, as many may have expected, I did much better in the categories that allowed me to compete on-line and late at night and far from home.

Here are my results:

#3. Organize Your Research

Here I did well – Platinum! completing almost all the tasks.


Mostly these items organized were from my mother’s collections or were Newdale, Manitoba, Canada photographs. The Master List was not completed. I do have a list, but since many of my things have recently been moved and re-organized, this is now out of date. This will be a priority in March.


#4. Expand Your Knowledge


Here I won a Bronze, but I did teach a class on Maps. Coaching like that should get me a little bonus 'warm fuzzy'.


#6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness


Again, Platinum! In this category, I had intended to post some more cemetery photographs at the BC Genealogical Society’s Cemetery Committee Flickr group, but just didn’t make that finish line. That too will be a priority in March. But I certainly did comment on-line and I encouraged several groups of genealogists to join Facebook and Twitter! I did two lookups and I indexed 2 cookbooks as well.


All in all good exercise! Thanks and congratulations to all the participating, and cheering Geneabloggers. We all appreciate the enthusiasm!

No comments: