Thursday, April 16, 2009

LibraryThing - My Genealogy and Books



Some of you will notice I've added a LibraryThing widget on your right here. You'll see the covers of many of the books from my genealogy shelves there.

I've been using LibraryThing for some time to catalogue and to 'tag' those books I associate closely with my genealogy research and teaching. I update my LibraryThing catalogue fairly regularly. It's been a great help, especially when I'm away and want to buy more books.

I suggest you have a look if you have a genealogical library at home. Here is a LibraryThing.com Video Review from PCMAG.com emphasizing the 'social networking' benefits of LibraryThing. Yes, there are various genealogy groups there and even a 'cemeteries & gravestones' group you can join. This video might look a little out of date as LibraryThing has added a lot of bells and whistles recently, but it's still a good introduction to the idea.

2 comments:

kinfolknews said...

I love LibraryThing. I have been a member for quite a while as well. For me it's the best book application there is! Thanks for highlighting it on your blog

Julie said...

Didn't know they had a widget. Thanks for the tip...I just added the widget to my blog!