Tuesday, February 03, 2009

CanadaGenealogy - Celebrating Four Years On-line

"Ohm Pah Pah"!

CanadaGenealogy's fourth anniversary, or Blogoversary, rather, is today. If it hadn't been for Thomas MacEntee of Destination: Austin Family pointing out the Blogoversary gadget a short time ago, I'd not even have noticed the date.

That's probably appropriate. I did look for anniversary items in old newspapers and saw that Eleanor B. Clapp, in The Victoria Daily Colonist of 25 March, 1906, p. 21, simply said that fourth anniversaries are "passed by unnoticed..." Next year, for the fifth, I promise to host (hostess?) a blogging party! I know we're not as old as some, but still...

In the meantime, my baby brother, I hope, is happy to blow his big horn on my behalf. I've had a great week for finding 'stuff' - he will like this photo which I took with my own little camera long ago. He's shown on the boulevard on the side of our yard at Yukon Street in Vancouver in front of dad's well loved roses.

Now settle down to listen to some real tuba music - a jazz solo, Ramblin' by Joe Murphy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCbfxEK-Y9A

4 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR JANE'S YOUR AUUUNNNT, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU!

M. Diane Rogers said...

Thank you, Sheri. You made me laugh!

Janet Iles said...

Wow 4 years! That is great. Congratulations!

Becky Wiseman said...

Congratulations, and happy blogiversary! Four years is a long time in the blogosphere. Wow!